Monday, July 14, 2008

The Garden

And speaking of gardens, alot of people have asked hows the garden going. Well, lets just say we are getting ready to be very busy!.....








It all started this winter when Rick and Pam McAbee (our landlords/friends/3rd or 4th mom and dad) said to me " You know I'm dreading mowing the field this summer." Which I replied "Well, let's plow it up!", and that is what we got! We have been very fortunate this summer. So far we have picked radishes, lettuce, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, beans, peas, cabbage, okra, carrots, cucumber, and did I mention beans?


So many beans so little time!






Briana's favorites squash






The corn is getting there, the bees have been all over it the past few days



And our second generation of radishes




Last but not least the cabbage


It's been alot of work, but we have enjoyed it. Dipstick and Copper (our beagles) have enjoyed keeping the rabbits out of it. Dipstick is still honing her technique. Copper on the other hand has set up a booth at the gate collecting admission to the "all you can eat buffet!"

2 comments:

Painter el Cinco said...

have to make a special trip just for some Gilliam Grub! (And nice pics B)

Paul and Briana said...

I think we are going to be at the beach the same time ya'll are going to be here, but we'll pick some for you and leave it with mom and dad before we go!