Sunday, July 13, 2008

Rough Week

So this week has been a rough week for the Lytle clan (Briana's dad's family). On Tuesday, July 8th, we lost a dear member Poppa aka Clarence Lowell Lytle. In life I never really spent much time getting to know Poppa, but after his death I am learning things that I had never heard. I am amazed at the amount of love that he had for people that he really did not know. Funny on Tuesday morning mere hours before he passed, he drove a friend to work. His generosity to others was evident in the amount of friends that came to his memorial and with the numerous phone calls. My biggest regret is that I did not get to know him better while he was alive.



On the day of his death Paul and I took little Miss Maddie over to Sylva...I had a few school details to deal with. We decided to take the Parkway back to Asheville. We hiked at Graveyard Fields but a storm started moving in. We started heading home and I really wanted a picture of the storm clouds on the mountains...not knowing what was taking place in Asheville with the family. Paul grabbed these shots while I was on the phone with my daddy who was telling me that my Poppa was gone. Looking at it I can see the grief of my family.







God Bless all that read this and as I heard at his memorial: WORK HARD, LAUGH OFTEN, AND LOVE MUCH.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Paul & Briana,
I'm a friend of Heather's and I just wanted to say how sorry I am. My sympathy to you and your family.

Heidi